Donations are tax deductible. Scholarship donations are matched dollar for dollar by the Florida Prepaid Foundation.
Like us on Facebook!
Change a Life over Lunch Become a MENTOR
All It Takes Is An Hour Mentor PSA Message
Kids Tag Art is a school fund raising project that inspires 5th grade art students to design their own specialty license plate. Everyone will have an opportunity to purchase "tag art" through schools and The Charlotte Tax Collectors website. Watch for 2014-15 updates soon.
Please Support our Sponsors:
Back to School - Supply Drive
Help us fill the apple. All donations go towards purchasing school supplies for Charlotte County Public School students. To donate now Click Here
Donation Drop Off Sites around the County:
- Cultural Center of Charlotte County, 2280 Aaron St., Port Charlotte
- CenturyLink, 1020 El Jobean Road, Port Charlotte
- BankUnited, 4265 Tamiami Trail, Charlotte Harbor
- Coldwell Banker Morris, 2828 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- Charlotte County Tax Collector offices: 18500 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte; 410 Taylor St., Punta Gorda; 6868 San Casa Drive, Englewood
- Copperfish Books, 1205 Elizabeth St., Punta Gorda
- Charlotte State Bank & Trust: 3002 Tamiami Trail and 24163 Peachland Blvd. in Port Charlotte
- Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce: 2702 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte and 311 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda
- Universal Fitness in Deep Creek
- K's Family Restaurant in Deep Creek
- Culver's by Walmart in Deep Creek
- The Elks Lodge in Deep Creek
- Consulate Health Care of Port Charlotte: 18480 Cochran Blvd., PC
- Charlotte StoneCrabs - Game on Saturday, August 2, 6 p.m.
- McDonald's - All Charlotte County locations - August 1, 2, & 3 (KIX Country will be doing a live remote broadcast at the Charlotte Harbor Restaurant - 4695 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte on Saturday, Aug. 2, 11-1)
Parents - contact your school directly and let them know you would like to receive school supplies for your child. All school supplies donated to CLEF will be sent diretly to the schools for distribution.
Building Student Success
The Charlotte Local Education Foundation, Inc. is Connecting Children, Classrooms and Community to build “Student Success.” Please join us as we plan for the future!
Since 1989 we have provided support to Charlotte County Public Schools, through programs such as:
- Take Stock in Children scholarship mentoring program
- Teacher Supply Depot
- Teacher and Support Employee of the Year event
Help Support your Charlotte County Schools...
The purpose of Charlotte Local Education Foundation (CLEF) is to raise financial support for Charlotte County Public Schools and mentoring programs through fundraising events.
Connecting Children, Classrooms, and Communities ...
STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics provides an opportunity for local schools and non-profit organizations to pursue grant funding to work with local businesses to further workplace based experiences for students by increasing the student’s awareness and interest in STEM careers.
YOU can help your school system by...
Teacher and Support Employee of the Year: our annual, signature event honoring outstanding educators and support staff who make a difference for our students each day. MORE INFO
Payroll Deduction: Thank you to all the Charlotte County Public School Employees who donate to the Take Stock In Children and CLEF programs for students and teachers through the Payroll Deduction Program. You are making a difference in the lives of our students. MORE INFO
License Plates: show your support of the Charlotte County and Florida state school system by purchasing the "Support Education" license plate for your vehicles. Your support goes directly to public schools in your county, funding programs not supported by tax dollars, such as: Extra reading help for students in grades K-3, Mentoring for at-risk students, Classroom innovations for teachers and students, Enrichment in math and science, and Music programs for special needs children. MORE INFO
Take Stock in Children: by mentoring a student or providing a donation for a scholarship, you can be a part of a statewide program in our local community, by bettering Charlotte County - one student at a time! READ MORE
Teacher Supply Depot: a "store" where educators can get free stuff for their classrooms. Donations of new and gently-loved school and office supplies, as well as craft and recycled materials are always appreciated! MORE INFO
For more Charlotte County Schools information click here.